India Corona update date 8-5-2020
- In the last 24 hours, 1475 patients were cured across the country, the highest number in a single day
- Created NSEF mask of IIT Delhi startup, suit can be used -50 times
The number of corona infections in the country has reached 56,563. On Friday, 87 patients were found in Andhra Pradesh, 26-26 in Rajasthan and Orissa while 6 patients were found in Bihar. In the first week of this month, a total of 21 thousand 485 patients have been added. This is 38% of the total infections. During this time 6827 patients have also recovered. Earlier on Thursday, 3344 cases of infection were reported across the country.
These figures are based on information from covid19india.org and the state government. According to the Union Ministry of Health, a total of 56,342 people are infected in the country. 37 thousand 916 people are undergoing treatment. 16 thousand 539 people have recovered, while 1886 patients have died.
Press conference of the Ministry of Health
- 3390 new cases in last 24 hours: Ministry of Health
- 1886 deaths so far in the country, currently 37916 active cases: Ministry of Health
- Appropriate arrangements will be made for the laborers: Ministry of Health
- No case for 21 days in 29 districts, covid care coaches at 130 railway stations
- 42 districts have no cases for 28 days, 216 districts have no cases of corona
- Arrangements will be made to quarantine the laborers, every possible help will be given to the states
- In Kathua, laborers vandalized the mill over wages. The laborers were demanding full pay. The workers feel that the wages they are getting from the mill are not enough, Kathua police said.
- Infected 30 BSF jawans have been found infected. Of these, 6 are from Delhi and 24 from Tripura. The injured have been admitted to AIIMS, Jhajjar in Haryana and GB Pant Hospital in Agartala.
- So far 102 Delhi Police personnel have been infected with Koro and 20 have recovered after treatment
- The Supreme Court had started amid a lockdown that has refused to ban the sale of alcohol. The High Court said it would not issue any order in this regard and states should consider online sale or home delivery of liquor with a view to social distress. The court has also filed an application in this regard.
- IIT Delhi-based startup NonoSafe Solutions has created NSEF Mask. It is claimed that this prevents bacteria up to 99.2% and can be used up to 50 times.
- In Indore, Madhya Pradesh, women e-rickshaw drivers have been allowed to drive rickshaws amid lockdowns. Sanitizers, gloves and masks are being made available to drivers.
- Liquor shops in Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh, were being stamped with ink on customers’ fingers and information was being recorded. The excise department says this will help trace these people if needed.
- Guwahati Medical College temporarily closed after doctor’s corona tested positive
- Delhi has witnessed the highest number of 448 infections in a single day. Including 37 ITBP jawans. So far a total of 82 ITBP jawans have tested positive for corona.
- Number of Corona infections in paramilitary forces rises to 481, highest 159 positives in BSF